Eat sensibly avoiding hard or sticky foods.
- Eat more slowly, carefully and only eat foods which you can cut up well first (= most things - you do not starve!)
- Do not eat chewing gum-toffees-hard sweets-hard crusts whole carrots, apples, etc. They may bend and break wires.
- This will slow down treatment.
- Avoid fizzy drinks - sweet drinks - fruit juices - sweets - sugar. They can dissolve surface enamel and cause permanent damage to teeth.
- It is essential to keep the teeth and the appliance clean at all times.
- Plaque and food debris will, if left around the teeth and gums, cause swelling, and redness of the gums and they may bleed and become sore or painful.
- Permanent damage to the tooth enamel can occur if the teeth and brackets are not kept clean. The enamel will decalcify leaving unsightly white marks.
- Clean your teeth and brace four times a day. Morning, mid-day, tea-time, and bed-time.
We also recommend using a Fluoride gel for brushing the teeth at least one time a day and a fluoride rinse once a week. This will help to prevent damage.
We reserve the right to discontinue treatment after two failed appointments if we feel that this has created additional problems.If you need to change an appointment it is essential that you give us proper notice.It is your responsibility to ensure that you make your appointments for times when you do not have conflicting commitments.
Monday to Friday
Open 08.45 - 17.00
Closed for lunch 13.00 - 14.00
Listen to the answerphone message out of hours for advice.
0121 476 6218
0121 475 6492
Out of Hours
Call NHS 111
Where We Are
Addison Dental Practice
31, Redhill Road